- Bachelor of Acupuncture in 1980, and another year of post-graduate studies in Sydney the following year.
- 1982 Certificate of Acupuncture, Guangzhou, China
- 1984 diploma of Chinese herbal medicine.
- Chinese massage, Deep tissue massage and kinesiology.
- Clare is a member of AACMA (Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association) and CMBA (Chinese Medicine Board of Australia).
- As well, Clare has been a belly dance teacher, and is a qualified yoga teacher (Iyengar style).
Clare focuses on three areas of health:
Fertility, Pain Management and Digestive issues. She practises at two locations: Life Source Yoga and Health, in North Sydney, and also at Rose Bay, in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs.
She increases fertility in women, and helps them conceive, alleviates any discomfort during pregnancy and prepares them for giving birth. The work she does includes turning breech positioned babies and helping to induce babies.
I was inspired to become a TCM practitioner after living in Bali for a year – before it was touristic – 30 years ago. I’d gone there to learn traditional Balinese dance and noticed how the inhabitants were so in touch with their natural environment.
“Health is the proper relationship between the microcosm, which is humanity, and the macrocosm, which is the universe. Disease is the disruption of this relationship” (Dr Yeshe Donden, physician to the Dalai Lama.)
Having been very interested in human biology in high school, I became fascinated with ancient Eastern wisdom and saw TCM as a powerful bridge between the two systems of medicine (eastern and western). I also studied Indian yoga, which further emphasised the idea of taking responsibility for your own health, preventing sickness from occurring by eating healthy food and exercising regularly, but also by consciously relaxing, through meditation, having massage and acupuncture treatment.
When I returned to Australia, feeling disconnected from ’The Island of the Gods’, I decided to try having an acupuncture treatment. I was so impressed with how it made me feel – uplifted and balanced – I realised I had to learn how to do this, to make other people feel as good as I had. I soon took up the study of this amazing healing modality!